I would not recommend Bedroomfurniture.com/CSN Stores because the shipping takes longer than promised and their customer service department is far from proactive.I had been trying to find a white dresser for our master bedroom but couldn't find anything I liked locally.

In November 2010, I decided to order an American Drew dresser from Bedroomfurniture.com. The price seemed reasonable and I loved that shipping and White Glove delivery was free. The dresser was in stock and the website indicated delivery in 4 weeks. After 5 weeks had passed and I hadn't yet been contacted to schedule delivery, I called CSN Stores.

The representative told me that I should receive a call in 24-48 hours. Two days passed with no call. I called CSN Stores again. That rep told me I should hear from the delivery team the next day.

I allowed 2 more days to pass with no call. I called CSN a third time (6 weeks after ordering). That rep was very helpful and actually put me on hold to check on the status. He learned that the dresser had been badly damaged during shipping and it could not be delivered.

He offered either a full refund, or to send out a 2nd dresser. He indicated that the dresser was in stock and quoted me 4 weeks for delivery. Although I was frustrated after waiting 6 weeks already, I requested another dresser be sent. I waited patiently for 3 weeks then noticed on the tracking screen that the dresser had been sitting in an Indiana warehouse for a week (the dresser was shipped from the east coast).

I called CSN 2 more times to understand why it was just sitting there. I was told both times that they were waiting for a truck that could bring it to Colorado. I was pretty upset at this point (we had given our old dresser to a relative, so my husband and I were keeping our clothes in trash bags), so the rep offered to credit my card $100 for the trouble. On February 11, 2011 I finally received the 2nd dresser after waiting 5 weeks (11 weeks total since my original order).

It is a beautiful dresser, but during "White Glove" delivery into my home, some of the paint got scuffed, so I placed my 6th call to the company to request touch-up paint (BTW, the paint they sent out is not a perfect match). I figure I've spent about 1 ½ hours in total time either waiting on hold or talking to customer service. In comparison, I ordered a bed from Pottery Barn recently, and the bed was delivered and set up in my home 2 weeks later without a problem. Yes, I PAID for shipping with Pottery Barn, but it was worth it!

It appears CSN Stores has a very inefficient shipping process. I will add that, while their customer service is far from perfect, a couple reps went out of their way to address my concerns.

But I shouldn't have needed to keep calling to see where my $900 dresser was!At no time in 12 weeks did anyone at CSN Stores call or email me with updates on my order.

Had an Experience with CSN STORES?

Comments